"Hold everything in your hands lightly, otherwise it hurts when God pries your fingers open." — Corrie Ten Boom
Friday, June 24, 2005
mOneY
There are so many times when I restle between whether or not I want to be rich when I grow up. It's not like I have a choice really but I just think about what I'd do either way. There are hard times/dangers with both I think. The couple I nanny for has a ton of money and things they do make me think about it the most. They are kind of addicted to work I think, and making money. This week was kind of a stressful week for me with just getting back from my trip and then working extra hours right when I get home, plus McKenna was really cranky and wouldn't sleep for me. They kinda figured that and payed me extra today. They said it was money so I'd stay. It made me kinda angry actually that they did that, thinking that money is going to keep me there. My attitude toward my job has been changing anyways lately and I've been thinking about quiting actually. I didn't think I'd ever want to quit but raising a kid who isn't your own is just too stressful. It's a good job giving me good experience but I'm starting to just think that I'd rather "experiment" on my own kids. I don't know, it's just getting harder. Especially with her "terrible two's" stage starting. Anyways, that just reminded me of how hard it would be to NOT become dependant on money if I were to ever have alot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment