Tuesday, June 07, 2005

why we do the things we do

So I've been noticing quite a bit lately how influential other people's thought's/comments are in my decision making. Is it just me or do other people do that too? Sometimes it's not bad, it helps me make better decisions. Sometimes it just plain old helps me make decisions at all! Then there's times when it starts to annoy me:) For example: Last night we had a meeting with the group from our church who is going to Israel with us. It was 4 guys and 2 of us girls. Well the topic came up of luggage, what size suitcase we were going to fit all our stuff in, what size carry on we are bringing... Well I had debated about it earlier but grabbed the biggest suitcase we had in our basement and started packing it. We are gonna be gone 12 days! Well the guys were all saying how they could fit all their stuff in just the carry on and what not. It kinda made me feel dumb for packing a big 'ol suitcase and the other girl, Beka, mentioned it to me today too. She said they made it sound like we were bringing too much. I just said those guys have a way of manipulating people's minds but we shouldn't care what they say cause if we're allowed to bring a big suitcase then we might as well! It's not like I'm packing extra...I just have a ton of food and stuff I'll need, that kind of stuff takes up space! So anyways, It seems like every day there's different situations like that. I suspose I am not the only one in the world who "let's other people decide for them." Look at the groups of high school students walking around the mall sometime... they all look exactly alike. I guess I'll just keep doing it but try and at least consiously think about it and try and decide if it's good or bad:) I've noticed also, though, that I am attracted to people who do make their own decisions and don't try and make other people feel stupid for doing things differently. So guys, if you are reading this...;)

I'm starting to feel nervous about this trip. Flying used to excite me but now I'm just nervous....I've had to lie to people when they ask if I'm excited about the trip. I mean what am i susposed to say, um actually I'm not excited at all and kinda wish I could back out. Oh well, Pray the Lord will keep us safe, calm the nerves. Help me enjoy and learn muchos so i can come home and tell all my friends about it cause i wish they all could be there with me! Pray that I'll be honest with everyone too, lying is such an easy habit to get yourself into and stay in. All cause of the curs-ed thing we call pride, yucky.

No comments: