Today wasn't all that bad of a day that I desperately needed cheering up or anything, but I got this letter in the mail that would have made me smile even on the worst of days. Does that make sence?
Dear Marissa,
We were told to write to our role model in school. I admire you for who you are, yourself. I know we haven't seen eachother in a while, but we're finding ways to keep in touch. You are a role model to me because you are always busy with McKenna, or have something important to do. Yet you always find time for family and God. You have also showed me that you can be anyone if you set your mind to it. I admire and love you very much. I hope to see you again soon.
Sincerly yours,
Aryn
It's so cute, all written out neatly and everything. She is in 5th grade, I've babysat her and her younger siblings for the past 9 years. A year ago I got a job nannying for a family full time so I barely ever see her anymore. She and her sister and brother always ask to have me babysit them and I finally get to this Saturday!
It is so special to get letters like that but at the same time it's a little weird. I can't think of how...but it is. Maybe because it's intimidating to know what people think of you. Maybe I think they are thinking too highly of me and don't really know me. Well no matter what, this letter is going to be saved for quite a while:)
No comments:
Post a Comment