Tuesday, January 03, 2012

His Mercy is New

Last year has changed (hopefully forever) my thinking on the whole "New Year's Resolution" deal.

So with all this talk about resolutions and me deciding not to make one because I know I won't stick with it... I was inspired just to give something a try.  I'm writing here, a couple things that I want to do by the end of the year.  I plan to update my progress on them each month because that seems way more attainable and practical. 




Do a Triathlon
Where I'm at now:  Going to the gym 2-3 days a week, mostly biking.


Become involved in volunteering with children in the community somehow
Where I'm at now:  Trying to determine which organizations to contact first.
                                              -Post from January 4, 2011

In the past, I've found that I always go into resolution-making with a mindset of failure.  It's so easy to do.  Last year was different.  I am still amazed at how God highlighted those two specific things on my list of possible resolutions.  I probably could have listed a hundred different things that I wanted to change about myself and life but I think that's where I was going wrong before.  He knows how much I can handle and once I decided on these two 'resolutions', He gave me the grace to complete it.  I wish I could write a book and have everyone follow it and be as happy as I am about the resolutions I made and was able to keep, but I don't think I will be able to do that.  I don't know how I did it, it was perfect because I believe He prepared these for me and me for them.  I learned so much through this about seeking desires that align with His will, searching my heart for what He's really laying there for me.

I can now say that because of His grace, not only has He fulfilled these two desires, I also trust Him more than I ever have.  I am sometimes even in awe of how much I trust Him.  The biggest area for me is in relationships.  God knows that one of my deepest desires is to be married and have a family to take care of.  Why has He not given it to me yet?  I am really not sure.  I'm almost 28 and sometimes wonder if that will ever happen but I think that the only reason I worry about it is because it's so different from my own plan.  When I quit comparing my plan with His, His is good!  I think I am finally learning the valuable lesson of looking at my plans through the scope of HIS plan rather than the other way around.  I'm so glad He gave me those two resolutions because now I can only boast in His grace and His faithfulness over this past year. Things that could have really upset me, didn't... because of His grace and faithfulness.  It was an awesome year and I'm so grateful for it.  I'm still praying through my resolutions for this next year but hopefully I'll be able to post them soon!

http://candacemercyisnew.blogspot.com/ - a blog I've stumbled across and am going to need to keep around because so far is looks amazing.


No comments: