Thursday, January 26, 2012

terrible-two's (serving)

I've recently taken over the role of "Two's Coordinator" at our church.  Basically that just means that I am in charge of organizing lesson plans and preparing lessons and crafts for other teachers on weeks when I am not teaching.  I am also expected to keep parents updated and informed of what is going on in our classroom as well as playing the role of 'team leader' by encouraging my team of teachers and helpers.  For someone who is much more comfortable as a follower...this leadership role has shown some signs of being overwhelming but after a few deep breaths and a swift kick in the be-hind every once in a while, I'm pretty sure I can do this.  I really do love serving in the church.  I mean, isn't that what the church is?  A group of people given a new purpose and identity as parts of a larger body to serve one another in love and to be served by one another?  So when I regain that perspective, I really am thankful for my role.  I certainly do love the two-year-old stage.  Sure, they have their struggles with potty training, sharing, dealing with frustration, mischievous looks of knowing disobedience... but they also are learning SO much about the world around them.  I love how they want to just sit and read story after story, how they love telling you their shapes, colors, and animal noises and want to show off their cool, new Pumas.  They are so special and I'm praying that the Lord really guides me and the other teachers in how to communicate with them this year.  I'm trying to re-work the lesson plans a little bit also and add in some form of memorization because I think they can totally do it.  I really just want to make this year (and following years) as advantageous as possible and to know that I am doing whatever I can to bring these children to a love for the One who chose to give up His life to save their little terrible-two's precious two-year-old selves :)  Praise the Lord for what He'll do in their lives.

No comments: