Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I have returned

I'M BAAAACK! I just spent a week with a friend of mine out in Victor, ID where she and her husband live. If you look at a map it's only about 12 miles away from Jackson Hole, WY. It's cool cause once side of the Teton's is Jackson and then you go right over top of them to the other side and you are in Idaho! It is an absolutely beautiful view from both sides, I must admit. The weather was cooler there than here so it was kinda fun to "start" fall early.

We were able to hike a couple days (with bear spray of course, kinda freaky), do some target shooting in the back yard, have a b-day party for her adorable 3-year-old nephew, bike along the mnt. range, hang out with family and friends and Esther even found time to try and hook me up with 2 guys so I could live out there by her:) We had a blast, for the most part it was extremely relaxing, so I enjoyed that. We also got to go visit the site for their house they are building. Esther's husband, Beau is a builder along with his brother and dad.

Esther and Beau have had kinda a rough year with health issues, church problems, and the miscarrage of their first baby, Sadie Grace, who is buried beneath a wooden cross in the middle of a morman cemetary on the hillside. They are just such an amazing couple, I love talking with them and just hearing thier wisdom and listening to their perspectives on things. They are a special couple and you can definitly see how they lean on God in all circumstances that come their way. I'm just so thankful for the time I was able to spend with them and their family again.















Esther with our bear spray, hikin' "devil's staircase."













This little 4 wheeler was totally the bomb!
I think Esther and I were on there more than
the kids we were babysitting;)













These two mountain views are awesome. The one on the top is taken from their house looking down over the Victor, ID valley and at the teton range. Smack in the middle of the mountains in that picture is about where the road is that you go over to get to Jackson Hole, if that makes sence. Then the picture on the bottom is looking up at their house, it's on this other small range of hills. They have an AWESOME view!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice job putting pics in! that makes it even funner :)

Becky said...

Yeah...I'm glad you had a good trip. But it's good to have you home.