Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Social Butterfly:)

I know there's always a ton of things I need to do better at in my life. Lately the big ones have been learning to eat/like new, healthier foods and to be more sociable:) Actually now that I think about it, I've ALWAYS been bad at those. I moved to a different Sunday School class in church partly to be around more adults and hopefully branch out and talk to them. Obviously I wasn't going at the root of the problem because now I just go in there and sit by my friends who I already know well. The food thing...well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens with that one;)

A while ago I saw a sign in front of a local church building that advertised KinderMusik. That's just these classes (seperated by age group) meant for kids under school age, to come and be taught by a trained teacher. It's meant for kids and their parents/caregivers to go and work together on developing age appropriate skills. I printed off more info. on it and talked to her mom about it. In the meantime a couple opportunities came up at our church for us to be involved with playing with other kids her age like one day a week. Her mom said we could chose which one we wanted to do. My main reason for wanting to do the ones at church would be that I would know people and be in a comfortable setting, as opposed to going to some unfamiliar church and being around a bunch of parents I don't know...quite the dillema, I know;) So anyways, I told her mom we'd do the KinderMusik. I'm branching out! haha. I just always feel so intimidated when I'm around a bunch of mom's with kids. Hoping McKenna isn't a brat in the class!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yea!! marissa i'm so proud of you for choosing to do it at a different church instead of staying within your comfort zone and doing one at our church! haha nancy's right - maybe you and mckenna can BOTH grow thru this! hehehehe :D

Mriss said...

haha, thanks for the encouragement!! It's at Unity Church of Peace...hm sound like a peaceful church or what?