"Hold everything in your hands lightly, otherwise it hurts when God pries your fingers open." — Corrie Ten Boom
Thursday, August 25, 2005
shoot 'dem guns
Hi. It's me again. Tonight was fun, doing something a little out of the ordinary. My dad took my brother and me to a gun club to shoot some "trap." We were just going to check it out see if we wanted to be members but they were so stinkin nice there and they let us shoot. We had us three and then two other guys in our line. It's set up in stations where you move around a little and just shoot from different angles, taking turns of course. We each shot a total of 25 shots. I ended up hitting 13/25, my dad was like 15/25 and my brother was 16/25. I was surprised at how I well I was doing! I don't think I've shot since last fall. It kinda boosted my pride a little, cause the other kid who was with us was about my age and he kinda looked the part...like he totally knew what he was doing but he only ended up being 9/25! It's kinda nerve racking because you don't want to do anything wrong with the gun or anything cause you'll get yelled at, but they were really nice there with giving me pointers and stuff and we weren't even members or anything. So I enjoyed it! Anyone want to come shooting with us next week!!??;) Next week we advance to shooting "skeet":)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment