Monday, October 17, 2005

Kremlin

Isn't this beautiful?? I love different countries and how they express themselves in a way that would NEVER fly in the U.S. My dad took that picture yesterday and e-mailed it to us. It's the Kremlin building in Moscow. I googled it to try and figure out exactly what the "Kremlin" is and didn't really get an answer. Does anyone else know? I can't figure out if that itself is the Kremlin or a bunch of buildings together make up the Kremlin... and does the president live there? Anyways, it's so cool - thought I'd share!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it looks like disney world :) i don't know what the kremlin is either, i've just heard of it.

Valerie said...

http://www.geographia.com/russia/moscow02.htm

According to this page The Kremlin is a grouping of buildings. I've heard of it before, too, but it was always in reference to a person and usually in the context of WW2. :o) It's a beautiful picture all the same though I'd have to agree with Jen -- it looks like Disney World did back around its anniversary in '01, when they "blew up" a big candy castle balloon around Cinderella's Castle. A little more stately, here, perhaps --- but yah, it's definitely got that mouse-y feeling. :o) I like it!