"An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above rubies." Proverbs 31:10. I am SO thankful for all the people in my life who value and respect a person like that. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to live up to a standard like this woman sets if all you heard, saw and learned about all day was something totally opposite.
Tonight was the second meeting for Far Above Rubies (well really the first one that we actually got something accomplished in;). Tonight we learned to save. I know my moto is 'yer not saving unless it's puttin' money in the bank,' but "saving" money on groceries and stuff is good too! Our task for class was for us and our partner to go through this week's Meijer grocery ad and put together 5 nights worth of dinners to feed a family of 4. The coolest/simplest thing I learned from doing this was planning meals for the week AROUND what's on sale. I mean it makes sence, you get the ad at the beginning of the week, go through it a few times and list out what you are going to have each night. Back to making our list...we went through the ad writing down what we would need for each meal with the prices next to it. Assuming we had the staples (basic ingredients) at home already, my friend and I were able to plan meals for a family of 4 for 5 nights for under $30. It was crazy, one night was speghetti and I can't remember exactly but for everything we needed (plus salad) we made the whole meal for under $6! No wonder my parents never take us (all 6 of us!) out to eat that often, that's like a whole paycheck to do that! Don't you hate it when you are so excited about something you learned and want to help EVERYONE out but obviously you cant?? Maybe my mom will let me do the shopping, I wonder if shes likes it or not...? Needless to say, I didn't really think there was a whole lot I could learn, but I did! I learned! Now my next step is working on verse 16...when does that house I want come into the picture?;)
2 comments:
Hey Marissa...I learned so much from that class too...it's like I never thought to look at the ads and plan around that and actually save money. I love Far above rubies. The women are such great godly examples and I really enjoyed them.
i never thought of planning meals around what's on sale, either. that's really cool. i'm going to try it when i move into my house!
Post a Comment