Kelsey and I were able to take our UMA girls camping this weekend. Eight girls came, including two sisters who have recently moved back to the neighborhood. Whenever I start to wonder if God answers prayers, I think of UMA in recent months and how Juli and I used to ask God for girls when it seemed that they were all leaving the neighborhood. He has provided and I am confident that each one has been hand selected to cross paths with UMA. If that doesn't make you giddy inside, I don't know what would! Even though that's only a small glimpse of a miniscule part of His eternal plan, I'm thankful for it.
Alright, this movie is too funny... Steve Carell and Tina Fey-excellent combination. More camping stories to come :)
Movie is over and I'm back! Did you miss me? I thought so.
The rest of the trip went pretty well and was a great experience of taking charge and calling the shots. Following other people comes way more naturally to me than leading ever has; decision making isn't my strongest trait. I guess you might compare me with Moses in the Bible. God had a sovereign plan to make a leader out of that timid, behind-the-scenes man... a leader for His purpose and glory. I don't know why He's placed me in this position with these girls but maybe you'll wonder as well and then be able to give Him glory for all that He will do!
No comments:
Post a Comment