I'm trying to write a commercial right now. It's for a new client of ours, this 'top of the line' steakhouse that's been around for like 40 years. I've never been because it's really $$$$ but I might try and go now that they are opening for lunch - the menu looks great! I like learning about the city I live in, that's probably my favorite part of my job. One of my least favorite parts? Coming up with commercial scripts that don't sound exactly like every other commercial on air.
So I was writing a script yesterday, I added the website to the end and because we have to word count for timing sake and spell out numbers and such for our voice over people; instead of writing 'www dot', I started trying to spell out 'W', like as if it were a word to be spelled out. Oh boy.
My roommate and I put in deposit today on a new apartment to rent. We tried the house thing for a couple years and while I enjoyed the square footage it offered, we are downsizing a roommate (by her choice, we didn't kick her out) so we wanted to move somewhere a little cheaper plus we both had an area of town that we've been wanting to move to for a while now. It's really close to my work as well as downtown which is a big plus for me because that's where the gym and farmer's market are - two of my favorite places in Lynchburg. Another really big plus for me is that I am now only exactly two miles away from the street where all our UMA kids live. I'd been praying for a while now about moving into the neighborhood but if this is as close as the Lord takes me for now, I'll be thankful. I want to live there to be able to invest more time into these kids. Our goal is to spend quality time with them more often than buying them things or doing things that cost money so I dream of having a house that they can walk to... we could sit down and play games and chat or do crafts or work in the garden. I can still do all of those things, I just have to arrange the time, set aside the time and go pick them up and drop them off.
Well I better get back to writing - I have 30 minutes to finish it before a meeting - the pressure will be good.
Oh yeah, my work is taking us all to Charlotte, NC this weekend to the U.S. National Whitewater Center! I am uber stoked (in the surfer talk words of my dear friend Jen)!!!
So I was writing a script yesterday, I added the website to the end and because we have to word count for timing sake and spell out numbers and such for our voice over people; instead of writing 'www dot', I started trying to spell out 'W', like as if it were a word to be spelled out. Oh boy.
My roommate and I put in deposit today on a new apartment to rent. We tried the house thing for a couple years and while I enjoyed the square footage it offered, we are downsizing a roommate (by her choice, we didn't kick her out) so we wanted to move somewhere a little cheaper plus we both had an area of town that we've been wanting to move to for a while now. It's really close to my work as well as downtown which is a big plus for me because that's where the gym and farmer's market are - two of my favorite places in Lynchburg. Another really big plus for me is that I am now only exactly two miles away from the street where all our UMA kids live. I'd been praying for a while now about moving into the neighborhood but if this is as close as the Lord takes me for now, I'll be thankful. I want to live there to be able to invest more time into these kids. Our goal is to spend quality time with them more often than buying them things or doing things that cost money so I dream of having a house that they can walk to... we could sit down and play games and chat or do crafts or work in the garden. I can still do all of those things, I just have to arrange the time, set aside the time and go pick them up and drop them off.
Well I better get back to writing - I have 30 minutes to finish it before a meeting - the pressure will be good.
Oh yeah, my work is taking us all to Charlotte, NC this weekend to the U.S. National Whitewater Center! I am uber stoked (in the surfer talk words of my dear friend Jen)!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment