Monday, April 16, 2012

overwhelmed with goodness

Praise God for His goodness - I haven't been able to get enough of it lately. He's got me in His hand: a hand that comforts, that reassures, a hand that prods. Prodding me to seek and to find. He's so easy to follow, so easy to trust, right now. I feel spoiled and sometimes fret about how I will look to Him if (when) a really difficult time comes my way. But He is always the same, He never changes... He is always the same, He never changes!

Of all the many many years I've dreamed of serving orphans overseas, He's taking me there now. Now, when I can return to Lynchburg and continue serving the orphans here -not just return to my normal life and wonder what I should be doing. He's giving me guidance as to using my time more effectively for Him, to be able to look back someday and not regret (too much) time wasted. Material possessions - that's what He's digging into my heart and conscience about right now. I need wisdom, but I keep coming back to... in the end, seeing His face, am I more likely to say, 'Lord, I wish I had a nicer house with cute decorations and more stylish outfits' or 'Lord, I don't know why I didn't give more of my (HIS really) possessions to the poor and needy'?

Heidi, Jenn, and I
Peter Pan at LU Theater
This past weekend was great.  I was out of work Thursday and Friday with this nasty head/sinus thing. My sweet friend, Courtney, brought me Panera soup on Friday in between her babysitting jobs. What I love about Courtney is she knows when she doesn't need to ask, and she just does. Her text said, 'I'm bringing you soup after work.' That didn't leave much room for discussion. I want to be that kind of friend. Saturday was pretty relaxing with a pedicure with my wonderful friend, Keely and then a little shoe shopping for my friends' wedding that evening. I had a great time at the wedding as well, weddings are always fun for catching up with people! Jennifer was a beautiful bride and I am so happy for them both. I taught the two's on Sunday morning and then went to the park with Keely - I love the park when it's sunny! From there I left to pick up Princess for our date at Peter Pan which was playing at Liberty's theater. They are incredibly talented and Princess loved it... all three hours of it (I may have nodded off a time or two!). After grabbing a few groceries on our way home, we made Alfredo pasta, salad, and garlic bread for dinner; followed by some chocolate chip zucchini bread and delicious fruit smoothies. It was some awesome QT! I am getting to know her a little bit better and it's really fun to see a little bit of progress each time I see her. I still haven't the slightest idea of what difficulties/abuse she has endured in her short life, but all I can do is be a friend to her, hopefully a good example for her to see...and continue to pray...and pray... and pray.

And now it's Monday. I hadn't made an appearance at the gym in over a week for various reasons so going to SuperFit this morning made me a hero to myself and since all heroes need rewarding, I went to Subway for breakfast. They have this awesome deal where you buy a breakfast sandwich and get a 6" for free! I'm pretty sure my second sandwich was intended for lunch... it didn't make it till lunch, it didn't even make it till I got out of my car for work ;-) Oh well, I need all the protein and 'healthy' calories I can get as my triathlon is this coming Sunday. I already foresee  needed a lot of chocolate and hamburgers to reward my body for what I am about to put it through =D

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i just wanted this post to keep going! full of so much goodness.