Monday, April 30, 2012

Greenville, SC

I love Lynchburg, but a weekend away is always exciting. This past weekend I traveled down to Greenville, SC to visit with my good friend, Tiffany. Tiffany and I became good friends through our high school youth group at church. Post high school, we went to the same Bible college out in WY (different years), I was able to visit her in CO when she worked at a ranch out there, and I was also able to be in her wedding! After getting married she moved to the suburbs of Atlanta and soon after that I moved to VA. We've developed this tradition of meeting half way for weekends together and I always look forward to them! I wish I could do this with all of my out of state friends!

Never been to Greenville? I would definitely recommend checking it out sometime; it's most attractive feature to me is the downtown area, namely Falls Park on the Reedy River. It is such a large park/recreation area with an extremely welcoming and relaxing outdoor atmosphere. Tiff and I met up downtown at this wonderful restaurant, The Lazy Goat. We then walked around, got some gelato, walked around some more just catching up with one another's lives. Tiff is pregnant with their first child so it was exciting to see her pregnant and talk about all the changes a baby bring along with it! We had many wonderful meals downtown, enjoying the sunshine and the suspension bridge towering over the park below. We played mini golf and arcade games Saturday night and spent Sunday morning at the Greenville zoo. Such a relaxing, fun weekend! Tiff left to go back home after Lunch on Sunday and I just went back to the park with my book in hand and relaxed in the sunshine! As much as I love traveling for the sake of experiencing new sights and surroundings, I always look forward to the chance to sit down with a book or a game or whatever and just soak it all in in the midst of go, go, go. It's funny, of all the plans that my cousin and I made for our Paris trip (trip that was canceled the day before we were to leave), the plan that I was most looking forward to was a picnic in the park, good book in hand, and Eiffel Tower off in the distance.... ahh... someday.

No comments: