Our house is freezing cold today. We're hoping the replacement parts for our woodstove will come in this week because that's the only heat my dad likes to use on this house...free. That's all well and good but isn't there something in the Bible about deacons not freezing their children?
I went with Annetta to the library yesterday because she was going for a school project and I knew if I didn't go with her I'd probably never make it there. A while ago, I bought an "herb growing kit" and I planted those seeds, watered them, tried to get them as much sunlight as I could, but those dang sproutlings just started wilting and never returned. I was pretty disappointed, first of all because I spent like $20 on them, but also because I was really excited to cook with fresh herbs from my own house! Anyways, I was reminded recently that I still want to try and grow some herbs and so do a couple friends. I checked out some books and a DVD on the subject, which will hopefully be painting my thumb green in no time. Plus, as i was walking the isles I found a book by James Dobson called, "The New Dare To Discipline." I picked it up thinking of McKenna. I've heard both good and bad about Dobson so hopefully I'll be able to read it with a discerning mind, but also, I hope it'll give me some direction and purpose in enduring the discipline process (even though it never really ends). ALSO, I picked up a book called "The Herbal Detox Plan." I never knew what "detoxing" your body was until I went to stay with some friends a couple months ago. My friend has these herbal pills (which yes, I ordered and should be receiving this week) that are meant to cleanse/detoxify the intestinal tract/colon. They say all the junk we consume and don't get rid of (through bowel movements) builds up inside our intestinal tract and emits poisons to our bloodstream. It's kinda gross but I mean it makes sence, if you put something into the body it must come out somehow. My friend was telling me about how many times she was on the toilet in one day for a whole week long getting rid of all that junk! haha, I can't even IMAGINE what it's going to be like for me.
Enough on that! A friend and I are going to go get manicures Tuesday night. I'm really excited because it's a hot stone manicure! I've never gotten a manicure because I hate my finger nails painted so we'll see how that part goes but I guess they have you sit in these massaging chairs with cooling, scented eye covers over your eyes while they massage your arms with hot stones and then a paraffin treatment followed by the manicure! haha, I hope it's as relaxing as it sounds!
I've become addicted to Broadway lately. I guess not just Broadway, but plays...shows... The only thing I've really ever been to was the Blue Man Group in Chicago last year but I've seen a couple ads for broadway plays in comercials and segments from them on The Today Show. I guess I've added another thing to my list of things to do before I die! Go to New York (or London!) and see a real, cool Broadway show. One that you get to dress up for and everything! Just not by myself:( I was online looking up an ad for a show I saw coming to the Miller Auditorium soon and found out that Phantom of the Opera was coming there next year!!! I was so excited I called my friends and it looks like they want to go with us! (Nanc, if yer reading this...do you want to come too???) I wish it were sooner than May but I'm still really looking forward to a great girls night out, even if I do have to wait that long for it! I definitly at least want to go see Blue Man Group again sometime, I haven't quite gotten my fix of that one yet.
I have a hair appointment Saturday, to chop it all or do the same old same old? Hmm...
I have friends leaving for Africa next week. Isn't that so cool? Africa!
My dad really surprised me this week by saying he's been thinking about me and him starting up a business. So many things ran through my head...are you joking? Are you losing/quiting your job? Are you worried that because I don't have a college degree I won't survive unless I start a business? Do you just want more money or want me to have more money?...I guess he was serious, he had already picked out the place where we could set up shop and he even had a couple ideas he had too, one of them he had already talked to someone about it too see if they'd need that type of work! I don't know if I could do that, I've seen so many small businesses go under, plus I don't know the slightest thing about starting/running a business! It did make me think though, of an idea I had a while back. There is this one guy out in Holland who owns his own photography business and takes all of McKenna's pictures. You can view and buy them off of his website. Anyways, I copied a few off his site and put them in a simple slideshow to music. That got me thinking, what if I were to talk to him about some type of partnership deal where once he takes the photos, he gives them to me to make up a "memory disc" slideshow on DVD for customers to purchase from him. That's still an idea, what do you think?
Anyways, I suspose I should close.
10-4 good buddy
2 comments:
yea for a good long update!! those are the best sometimes :D
We'll have to make a date to go through all these books and see what we can figure out! Maybe between us we can try it different ways and see what works and what doesn't. I don't know what kind of business he wants to start. He named a few he had in mind but I can't remember them now...I'm not sure anything will come of it though.
Post a Comment