I'm thankful for people and their personalities. Yes...I'm being optomistic and trying to find the good things in the otherwise negative attitudes of some people, but none-the-less it still get's me thinking. I've met a lady tonight at my church service who's attitude surprised me. She definitly reminded me to keep my heart attitude in check. Of course I hear complaining and stuff from people like her and tend to judge them by saying, "now why do we have people like that in our church? Why do they even come? Are they here, volunteering, serving God or man?" I don't want them there because those are the types of people who complain if someone is sitting in their pew, or the two carpets on the floors clash. They gossip and focus on themselves. Sure, some of the may be true...so how do I react to them? I guess what I do when I hear someone complain or gossip is I try and spit out the first thing that comes to mind that's opposite of them. For example...they may complain saying, "I didn't like the way the church handled this matter." I'll just spit right back, "I liked it." I don't know if you can picture that but I think it sounds kinda arrogant, that's at least the way it could come across. I want to love them and not hear complaining or gossiping, and I don't want to continue their conversation if it's going to bug me like that, so what do I say? I do tend to be a very honest, straight to the point person sometimes but not with people I don't know well, or people who are older than me.
On the other hand I was able to talk to a sweet old lady tonight as well. You know she loves the Lord and her family and friends. She was such an encouragement to talk to. We also had a boy in our group meeting tonight. He is about 10 or 11 and he was sitting in there (in a group of about 60 adults and a few kids) in the back row by himself. When pastor asked people to volunteer to share what they are thankful for he raised his hand and said he was thankful for his parents because they provide for him, he also later volunteered to share his testimony. I must expect all kids to be like my family when we were that age. We were so shy we may as well have been glued to our parents legs. We would hardly say a word to anyone if they asked, let alone volunteer information. It is just SO fun to see kids like that who's parents are so sweet and love God and their families so much, and see their children following in their footsteps.
Speaking of my shyness, I've been thinking lately about how much I expect people to share information with me without my asking and how little I volunteer words of my own. I think that sometimes that's a good thing, lest I say something I may regret (which still happens alot!) but othertimes maybe it's rude? Balance! Where's the balance!? Here's a little peek into my mind, tell me if you can relate. Erickson's (family I nanny for) came home from their ultrasound appointment yesterday. I knew they were going because I was watching McKenna while they were gone. I also knew it was the appointment where they were susposed to find out the sex of the baby. The thing is, when they got home...only Lance walked in the door. I was ready to ask how it went but Maddie never came in the door after him. "Why? I wondered. I know they drove there together, was she sitting in the car crying and sent him in with a brave front because something had gone wrong? Or maybe she just dropped him off and ran to the store right away?" Of course, after those thoughts I couldn't ask how the appointment went so I just waited hoping he'd say something. He didn't. I guess I am a little worried. If they dont' say something Monday, I'll ask I guess...but I hope nothing is the matter! I mentioned that to a friends' mom and she said I was being respectful/thoughtful. Maybe that's it. Who know's. Anyways, people have the tendancy to amaze me. Pretty cool.
In other news I may be moving out soon. It's not set in stone and it's only temporary for now but I'm excited. I am one of those people that has really high hopes but is scared of reality so I've been dreaming for quite some time now about buying a house. I've saved up the money, learned the process, even looked at a few houses but have I done it yet? Nope. I just did that with tires too, ever since the beginning of last winter I've been scared of the tires on my car and now that my dad is actually going with me to look at certain ones and I see the total cost...I back down. Anyways... I'd be moving into a house with a friend of mine. Her and her fiance recently bought a house and decided that she could be the one to live there till they get married in April, but they weren't exactly keen on the whole safty issue of her living alone and stuff so we'll be roomies for a few months! Hopefully this situation will help me decide what I really want. Why do I want a house? Do I really want to live alone? (That's a whole 'nother book) So we'll see where that leads me.
I made carmel fudge today. I'm going to go try some and see if it's any good! First attempt at candy! I hope Thanksgiving is a thankful time for you:) See what you can do to encourage others.
No comments:
Post a Comment