Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Mountain Chic

Man, i can't even describe the way my heart felt when I got my first panoramic view of those Rocky Mountains on Friday. I got into the Denver airport an hour late, ran to go get my rental car (sweet silver Neon) and I was off, driving RIGHT into the mountains. I guess one way of explaining my aw, excitment, and distraction would be to tell you that I missed two of my exits and then went right through the town my friend Tiff lives in! And Tiff is what this story is all about, not the mountains.:) Tiffany works as a wrangler for a Christian summer camp called Camp IdRaHaJe (ID RAther HAve JEsus) which is right near Bailey, CO. She did the same thing there last summer and loves it SO much! I'm not a big fan of being near horses, they kinda freak me out, but it was neat to see what she does all day. The camp is beautiful and so is the horse pasture. They have like 40 horses they take care of and sadle up each day for trail rides. It doesn't seem like we got to do a whole lot while we were there but we did some things and the rest of the time it was just SO cool being in the mountains! We hiked once, rode horses around the arena, drove around looking for more hiking...just chilled outside and on the last night we went in her boss's hot tub. Tiff had to work a couple of the days, which I wasn't really planning on, but I had a good book, and was content just sitting in the sun by the barn. So all in all it was a great time getting to see her again and see Colorado again.

Got a little hiking in while we were there! (me and tiff)

I had a Colorado License Plate!
I was actually inspired by something too while I was there! Besides the fact that I am going to move out there someday...;) I don't know why I never really thought of this before, but I really want to get involved in a kids summer camp somewhere and do the videography for them. If you've ever been to summer camp you know the things they do, they walk around with the video camera getting all the kids/activities on tape and do a funky editing job, stick it to some music and ba-boom, the kids have something cool to watch at the end of the week! I e-mailed a media guy from a summer camp where i used to go and asked him about what he does there and asked if I could maybe come "apprentice" there for a week or whatever if they give me time off work this summer. Hopefully next summer I could do that full-time! Alright, one more hilarious random story and then it's time fore me to go to bed. Today me and my sister took McKenna (the little 16 month old I nanny) to the mall, she was kinda crabby so I had let her walk by herself inbetween us. Well we were walkin down the hall and we pass infront of this store that is playing this funky, really upbeat music, pretty loudly. All of a sudden she stops, right in the middle of the entrance to the store, hands me her sippy cup and starts dancing. I SO wish I had the video camera because I can't even begin to explain to you how hilarious she looked! First she started bobbing her head back and forth, like i taught her a couple weeks ago. Then she adds in this adorable little booty dance, her arms started moving next and she started doing that in circles. We were laughing SO hard, i face was all red and I was almost crying! I don't know how many people saw it, but it was just so funny. Alright well I better get going now, I MIGHT BE GETTING A COMPUTER TOMORROW!!! YIPPPPEEEE!!

No comments: