Friday, July 15, 2005

bUdGEts...

So I FINALLY started working on my very first budget last night. I don't know why it took me so long, I guess it probably had to do with the fact that I didn't think I was a bad handeler of my money. Which compared to some people, I'm not, but none the less I guess it is wise to have a budget to help me reach my goals and help me be a wise steward of what I've been given. Just trying to balence it has been really hard. I'm trying to balence it using the least amount of money I could make in a week to be sure I have enough each month, but it has been SO hard making sure I have enough in every catagory. Before the days of the budget I enjoyed "splurging" every once and a while on things like clothes, spa, vacations, ect... yet I always had pleanty money to pay my bills at the end of the month, so I didn't see a problem with that. I guess the reason I'm having a hard time now is because I have catagories I am putting money into each week like car repair/replace, doctor and dentist, and those are things that don't happen everyday. So I know I will be thankful I set money aside when the time comes to fix those brakes and get new tires. I guess the more I think/talk about budgets the more I applaude them. It is going to make me so much more aware of what I "need" as opposed to what I really want. I'm sure I'll make mistakes and get confused and lazy in it all, but hopefully I'll keep it up and the Lord will be glorified through the way I spend this money. AND hopefully I will be able to afford many, many more trips out to Jackson Hole...or just maybe one LOOOONNNNNGGGGG trip out there;). Or maybe just get married so I have an excuse to move somewhere...don't exactly know why marrying someone would necessarily give me the excuse to move away, but hey - it just might! So thanks again to my "financial advisor" out there, yer makin it all happen!
Baruk Hashem

No comments: