Wednesday, February 22, 2012

twenty (freakin') eight

Birthday weekend is quickly approaching. The big 28.  I am so tired of being an immature 27-year-old and want to be able to make mature decisions like my 28-year-old friend, Jennifer Jo Meier. I mean, that's what you said, right Jen?  She makes me more excited to be 28, I still get a little saddened when I think about how close to 30 that is, but that is only during times when I compare my life to where I had always thought I would be at this point, not where I actually am. So I guess here is another chance to simply praise the God who holds my life in the control of His wonderful hands.

I guess it wouldn't look quite like this,
but I thought it was cute and
birthday-y looking :)
My sister asked me this week what I wanted to do for my birthday (I have this habit of making decisions that will please others). We talked about camping and I think that would just be so great if it worked out! It's been such a mild winter that there is a possibility but there is also a rainstorm coming through on Friday followed by a nasty cold front so we will see. I can dream.

2 comments:

Teresa Cook said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! Every day is a gift! Teresa Cook :)

Unknown said...

hahaha 28 is gonna be GREAT!!