Waking up in Paris...one of the most magical cities on earth. Eating a lovely french breakfast in a local cafe and hopping on the Metro to make it to the Eiffel tower for our scheduled ride to the top. Grab a ham and cheese sandwich from a local bakery and walk to the park for a picnic lunch.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It hits me that that was supposed to be my day today, but instead, April 21st, 2010, finds me sitting at my desk at WSET in Lynchburg, VA... dreaming.
It doesn't seem real, it still feels like all that planning and preparing for the trip was a dream. It may as well have been. I can dream or be angry/annoyed all I want but it won't really change a thing. I am so thankful I'm not angry. I recall throughout the entire planning period that I kept having feelings of doubt regarding this trip. I usually chalked it up to, 'oh, I don't have a plane ticket in hand. If I had a plane ticket I would be more excited than I am now.' But I honestly don't think that would have been the case. I just remember being annoyed with myself for not having more excitement about the trip. I mean it was an AMAZING, once in a lifetime trip that I had the opportunity to take. I think God was sparing me throughout for how it would all turn out. I am bummed when I think of all the amazing pictures I planned on taking, the sights I would see, and the things I would experience. Maybe another time I will be allowed to take a trip like this one. As for now... I am looking at tickets to fly to Jacksonville for a week in June. Now THAT, I am excited for.
1 comment:
You have such a great attitude about it! I would have been bummed! And possibly a little angry...
Post a Comment