Friday, October 27, 2006

"The Truth of Five"

So our film made the top ten in the festival tonight!!!! I can't explain how excited I was. As I was sitting there, in the largest theatre I've ever been in, I began to get a little nervous. I mean come on, they put you on the edge of your seat all night (basically all week) just waiting in the dark silence to find out if your film will be the next shown, or if it is even going to be shown at all (the top ten were shown in random order). I didn't really know what to expect, then they finally dimmed the lights and we all read "Film 1" on the screen. Long pause while it went black and we read the words "The Truth of Five." I had just told Britt the title of our film but when I read it up there it took me a second. Then I just screamed. I couldn't help it:) It was the first one to show! Granted, it didn't get quite the audience reaction I hoped for. All I have to say to that was just wait till they watch it a few more times on the dvd. We didn't win any awards and the films that did (at least first prize) definitly deserved the prizes they received! Okay that's all for now, I will most certainly put a link up soon once we can get at least ours, and hopefully others onto youtube.com. Good night ya'll!

No comments: