On second thought, I hope no one from school reads that last post...
PROBLEM: Marissa is completely in charge of planning a "Harvest Party" for 200 WCBC children.
REASON THIS IS A PROBLEM: Marissa was asked to do this less than 4 weeks before the party, this is the busiest month for projects at school, AND she is going to be out of town the night this party is supposed to take place!
SOLUTION: ?????
I know one thing, I can't just give up on it. I have a responsibility given to me that I accepted and people are counting on me to complete the task and do it to the best of my ability. Now that I have established that rule in my mind, I have to face the fact that I have 7 and 1/2 days before this party starts and I basically have nothing done. God, help me!
---------------------------------------------
I have some of the most fun people in my class. Thursday and Friday were shooting days for a short film written by a man, Rick, who helped found our school. He flew into town Wednesday and allowed us all roles in the making of his film. I was called "craft services." Not super exciting but in a way it was just my element. They gave me a basic outline for what we were eating for lunches both days and also had crew list a few snacks they wanted me to get. So I went shopping and set up tables for lunch/snacks and ordered and picked up lunches. It was all well and good except I went $50 over our $200 budget. Oops! Anyways, that job was fun because there were two guys in my class in particular who were both so encouraging and complimentative (word? not word? word.) on my job and my baking. That just made my day. I learned a lot in those two days, even if I still don't know how to work the camera or exactly what a grip does.
Starting Friday night at 9 going to Saturday night at 9 was what was called the 24 hour film festival. So after the two mornings of waking up at 5:30 for Rick's shoot, I had to stay up another 24 hours to make another one! If you don't know what a 24 hour film festival is, it's basically just like any other film festival where you and your team write,direct,shoot and edit a short film (usually 5-10 min. long) and present it to the judges of that festival and your goal is to win money and get people/film critics to like you and your film! The major twist in this festival though is in it's title...we had exactly 24 hours to do everything. I was in a group with about 10 of my other classmates (which totally rocked, getting to know them better). We met at our producer's house while he was representing our group at the "Producer's meeting" where they gave us our criteria that had to be in each film that was entered. They do this stuff to make sure no one makes a film ahead of time. Each film had to have the theme of "last 5 min. of your life", they all had to have a squirtgun as a prop, a playground as a location and a line saying, "Would it help if I got out and pushed?" "It might!" SO... I won't try and explain our story on here at all but I will post the link to youtube.com once I get it uploaded to there. Hm I think that's all for tonight, I could go on forever and ever but nothing profound is coming forth from my lips so I best depart. Fare thee well my faithful.
No comments:
Post a Comment