Saturday, May 23, 2015

dishes

Spending time with our children, being intentional, is probably one of the best ways to love them as they grow. How come I keep making it so much more difficult than it needs to be?

Baby Girl: Momma, can we play a game?
Me: Not right now sweetie, I have to do the dishes.

Baby Girl: Momma, can you read me a story?
Me: Not right now sweetie, I have to do the dishes.

It's almost as if she has a "sink is full" radar. 

Today I walked into the house and had the frustrating thought, 'my sink is always full of dishes'. But then I realized something... my sink is ALWAYS full of dishes, and it will continue to be that way as long as human beings live in my house. So if it's going to be full anyways... for the rest of my life..., why not set time aside when she needs me and be there for her. I hope I will be more available in the future! 

No comments: