We've been meeting with the UMA girls every Wednesday night this spring for Bible study and activities. This past Wednesday we took them strawberry picking and between all of us picked over 60 pounds! That's a lot of jam :)
Saturday I invited Jadia and Meena over to my house to bake cookies. Jadia said that she had never made cookies before and Meena thought she had until she realized that we were at the store buying eggs and flour rather than break apart cookie dough. I loved seeing her face light up when she realized that people actually made cookie dough and then made cookies!
These girls are so much fun. I feel very inadequate to be in the position of leading them/being their friend but I praise God for the constant reminders that I don't have to be a 'somebody' to make an impact. It doesn't matter that I don't have a college degree, they don't care. It doesn't matter that I am not a natural born leader or don't always have the right thing to say at the right time, they don't notice. It matters that I serve others in love. That's what I'm working on.



2 comments:
this is so cool, marissa! you need to have the girls make their own aprons, so they have aprons to wear with all this baking fun you girls have. :)
the smile on my face just grew bigger and bigger as i read this :) i love that you had a couple of the girls over to make cookies - and that you introduced them to real, homemade cookies!! i may have teared up just a little while reading this...just sayin' :)
Post a Comment