Thursday, September 08, 2011

a favorite time

fall has arrived in these here hills and there is much rejoicing.  status' are updated with the excitement of apple picking, flannel wearing, pumpkin lattes, and colorful leaves.  today is forecast at a delicious eighty one degrees fahrenheit, a temperature I could handle a lot more often than beautiful Virginia chooses to give me. oh well, there are so many things I look forward to this time of year... sunny, crisp days, apple picking and pie making, pie eating, lightweight sweaters, squash, colorful hills, hiking, and boots!  It's likely I will be accused of wearing them too much this fall, but I don't mind.  my aunt and uncle from Washington State come visit in October.  we also start weekly UMA meetings this fall with the girls and just thinking about that makes me giddy.  they are all so special to me and I have already begun praying that this fall, God would somehow use me to show them His love.  more than show them, I want them to truly experience it, to drown themselves in it!  myself also for that matter - there is so much I have to learn about His love.


No comments: