"Hold everything in your hands lightly, otherwise it hurts when God pries your fingers open." — Corrie Ten Boom
Monday, July 11, 2011
down south where strangers smile
sitting in my car on my way home from work, windows rolled down, waiting for my light to turn green. a mail truck pulls up beside me and the friendly, black, mail man, his window directly next to mine, shouts out "hello!" I turn my head to look at him and reply with the same greeting, then look back to the light. He bursts out, "how is your day going?" I look back with a smile, thinking how this is awkward but really funny, and after I answered I asked the same of him. he went on to say how he was boiling in this weather. the light turned green and I told him I hope he has the chance to get a cold soda and sped off with a big smile on my face. another reason I love the south.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment