"Hold everything in your hands lightly, otherwise it hurts when God pries your fingers open." — Corrie Ten Boom
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
she's got the joy, joy, joy....
So there's this wonderful, old lady who I cross paths with in the locker room every so often. She is just one of those people where you hear her voice and you just can't help but smile and hope that she comes your way to greet you because it will automatically make your day. Guaranteed. I ran into her today and she got me thinking. I had just completed a great, hard core, workout and received some really good first-timer tri advice so I was feeling pretty good about myself as I came down for a shower before work. I was humming out loud and everything. I can't remember what was on my mind as I was finishing up getting ready, and as this sweet lady was walking by, but when she greeted me with joy literally overflowing, I realized that my mood had gone a bit sour for whatever reason. I don't know if this woman is a Christian but her joy is Christ-like and today it actually caused me think of what I would be without Christ. I would, undoubtedly, be someone who would act out whatever mood I wanted to at the moment. I would have no self control, no reason for self control. If I felt like being crabby, I'd be crabby. When I felt wronged, I'd seek revenge. But instead, I know someone has a better plan for my life. How do I know I can trust His plan? Because after living a life on earth where He never actually wronged anyone, He still allowed Himself to be murdered and powerfully rose to life again just so that I could be a part of His better plan. And that's why I wish I was always at joyful as that woman, and I definitely hope to get there one day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment