You aren't in a relationship with someone until it is on Facebook. And you aren't 'possibly' in a relationship until you make it known by your profile picture. What a world we live in, huh? I find it sort of funny. When Dennis and I started dating we didn't put up a 'relationship status' change. Actually, I don't think we ever even talked about it.... so I guess we will if he reads this post ;-) I just am not one of those people who enjoys all the attention that comes with it. A MILLION comments on my profile about having a boyfriend, well wishes, and whatever other silly stuff they'd like to post... not really my thing. This week (or last, I can't remember) I put up a picture of the 2 of us as my profile picture. I have had so many comments about it today at work, but I love it. =) It's gotten me in 2 great conversations about relationships and hearing other people's relationship stories and I've just enjoyed it. So anyways... when the 3rd or 4th person said something to me about it today I just got to thinking about how Facebook has so changed the way we view things....relationships.
And watch out Dennis, you now have 4 men who say they will hunt you down with their weaponry if you do anything to harm me. That's not a threat or anything... I'm just sayin'. =)
2 comments:
I went to your Facebook profile, half expecting to see that you had updated your status to invoke more conversation! haha No, I completely understand what you're saying. When I broke up with my ex, I was so excited that I had my finger on the mouse hovering over the "change status" button and clicked it the second I broke it off. Of course, that was not a good or healthy relationship at all! The things we do when we're young (you know, like a few years ago)... ;)
By the way, I think you and Dennis are cute together. ;) I hope Dennis reads this just so he can see my nice comment. Awww... (even if he does pick on me about using the word "authentic" as it relates to cowboys). hahaha, great memories! :-D
Mriss - time to post again. dude - you ran a 1/2 marathon in the mountains. and you went on an easter egg hunt. and you're just plain cool in general. you've gotta have SOMETHING to write about.
Post a Comment