"Hold everything in your hands lightly, otherwise it hurts when God pries your fingers open." — Corrie Ten Boom
Monday, September 14, 2015
Feeling defeat
I walk the streets and I see boys desperately needing loving men in their lives. I go to the office and also look at the church and see less and less men stepping up to intentionally mentor young men. I drive to pick up a young woman who's father continues to make false promises to her. I drive by house after house with furniture piled high on the curb after yet another eviction. I hear from a hurting young boy at the bus stop who isn't allowed to have contact with his sisters and fears the next CPS investigation. I look up from my computer and see my own 5-year-old foster daughter hurting and broken because of the choices of others around her.My compassionate heart feels so defeated. What difference am I making? Why isn't the church stepping up? Why are we so selfish? When will pain this end? Jesus, when are you coming back?
Even so come, Lord Jesus, come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment