Thursday, May 09, 2013

here i am!

wow - it really HAS been a while, huh? my friend, Jen pleaded with me to update my blog (which, come to think of it, I'm not exactly sure why because she already knows everything about my life) and I have a couple minutes this morning so here you go!

so a couple months ago I decided my life wasn't busy enough (not) and decided to throw home ownership into the mix. it all seemed to have come out of nowhere but at the same time, I had no doubt that Jesus was asking me to buy this house. I am still not exactly sure why He wanted me to follow Him in doing this but I have my guesses: I was becoming quite comfortable in the comfortable life I was creating for myself, to allow me to get to know Him better through this, an opportunity to trust Him more, with this house i would be within walking distance of my UMA ministry girls... any of those reasons and maybe more that I am not aware of yet! one of the quotes i've been relating to lately is,
Jesus said that we should go,
He never said we would come back. - unknown 
He's blowing my 'worldly mind' out of the water with His way of thinking.
For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
For as the Heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than you thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8-9
there was a lot to do on the new house, a lot of little things which added up in time and $$, but it's basically completed and I am all moved in. I love my little house, I love coming home. the view from my front porch is one of my favorite parts
i absolutely love the skies here after a few days of rain. the clouds were thick this morning over the river
yesterday was my first car accident. it was rainy and everyone stopped quickly and i wasn't able to. boo :( the lady I hit was so kind though and the officer didn't give me a ticket! my sister drove me to work this morning, my friend is picking me up, and another friend offered me his extra vehicle until i can buy a new one! yay! God truly has provided.


No comments: