Thursday, August 04, 2011

life is pretty good

you know those times when life is just good? Praise the Lord because that's where I am at right now.  Work has been going well, more and more people have been coming to me with requests lately because they trust that I will do a good job.  I haven't been as dedicated to my training as I should be, but I am still satisfied with the amount I've been working out and it feels good. My new budget has made a noticeable impact in my savings account and it feels great to have self control. I was able to go on the river with UMA this past Saturday and we had such a great time.  I faced my fears and jumped off the cliff! (I couldn't be shown up by the fearless 9 year old!) I've never held the steering position in the canoe/kayak before either so that was a great learning experience!  I hope to be doing more and more things with them beginning this fall!  I made a really delicious lasagna the other night. I have some very good friends right now who will run with me, get coffee and lunch with me, and just encourage me.  I hope I am there for them as well.  The Holy Spirit has been working in my heart, also, to convict me of a few things - I hope to be bold and respond in a way that will be pleasing to God (as a result of Francis Chan's "Holy Anquish"). It feels good to be living my own life and trying hard not to live for others.  I want God to be on the throne of my life, because out of anyone, He did the most for me to deserve it (learned from one of my favorite sermons - Mark Driscoll's "Jesus and Fear")

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i LOVE this post!! i LOVE what God is doing in your life right now!! "Holy Anguish" literally changed my life - God's used that in a big way to impact me. i just downloaded the Driscoll podcast you mentioned - can't wait to listen to it!
Praise God for the work His Spirit is doing within you!!