I'm really excited about Dennis' Christmas present this year. I wish I could just say what it is... but alas, I don't want to give away the surprise. It it ever so slightly 'up in the air' right now, but if it all works out, it will be great.
Euchre. That used to be an incredibly dreaded word in my vocabulary no more than a month ago. Especially when I was in high school. I remember euchre being the only thing my friends would talk about... and play. There were parties, retreats, tournaments, centered around that card game. Well needless to say, I was slightly afraid when I heard Dennis start talking about it. He had begun playing that game with our friends. The game that, in my mind, lasted for hours and hours and left those non-participants twiddling their thumbs in the corner somewhere watching dust collect on the furniture. I still don't know why, but this time I gave in. I guess D has a way of doing that. So I learned how to play over our Thanksgiving trip. We played at his grandmothers' house and at my parents house. I couldn't believe that I actually started to like it (honestly, I still have no idea if that is directly related to not having lost yet), and wanted to play some more. We played again with some friends this past weekend and I find myself thinking about it! I want to keep playing euchre! I guess pigs do fly.
It snowed in the 'burg this past weekend. It was beautiful. One of my favorite things is snow covered mountains. If I can't have the Rockies, please give me the snow covered Blue Ridge. We also went to Clint's parents' land and got our Christmas tree. It is... lacking many filler branches, but it has it's own style. It looks pretty in our house. Heidi did a good job decorating. I can't wait for Christmas. I really just want to go home, but I'm not sure yet how I am going to work that out. I'm sure it will all come together, I just have no plans right now.
2 comments:
i can't believe you're playing euchre!! i've totally forgotten how to play. haha you're playing!!
I can't wait to find out what he's getting! haha
Post a Comment