8:00am Sunday May 1st, 2011 ----- downtown YMCA - Lynchburg, VA.
Swim 300m in the pool (I have no earthly idea how far that is)
Transition - do whatever needs doing to be ready to ride
Hop on my bike and ride 25k through downtown Lynchburg, across the James River and into Amherst Co. before returning to the Y by way of a steep climb, right at the end.
Transition - do whatever needs doing to be ready to run
Park the bike and pray my legs are strong enough to crawl...I mean...run 5k. Thank goodness that's flat at least.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
So I'm signing up for the 2011 Angel's Race that takes place in Lynchburg each spring. It will be my first, lone, triathlon. I did the biking portion of a sprint-tri a couple years ago as a part of a team so I am thankful that gave me a little bit of an idea of what goes on in the 'tri world', but to tell you the truth, I'm really nervous! Mostly about the swimming. I don't know how to swim. I mean, I could doggy paddle the entire 300m... but I don't think that would be ideal or very effective. I'm also nervous about how my legs will hold up. Last night I went to the gym and biked 8 miles and then hopped on the treadmill to run 2. After biking, my muscles were SO tight I had to stretch. I hope that improves. Like I said, I'm nervous... but I'm also excited about the prospect of completing a triathlon.
1 comment:
YAY!!! i'm so excited you're doing one!! you have so much time to train, you'll be fine! ooh jen's jealous! i want to train for something when i'm done here! you go girl! my hero :)
Post a Comment