"Hold everything in your hands lightly, otherwise it hurts when God pries your fingers open." — Corrie Ten Boom
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
South Korea
Some things just happen so fast. Heidi mentioned on Sunday that she had been thinking about going to South Korea to visit some friends of ours who are teaching over there. She mentioned that I should come too because she was worried about all the hassles that can come along with international travel, seeing as how she's never been out of the country. I thought about it, deemed her serious and this trip, one that has the most potential of actually happening. We both have the money, the motivation to visit friends, passion to explore new places... just both a little tight on vacation days. But when it came to that last one, it's not like I could use that to discredit all the other things we had going for us. Plus, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity (AND I missed out on my international travels last year and spent that time with family and friends...) and you're always going to have to say 'no' to some things in life, so I may just have to say 'no' to a few other things I want to take days off for in the upcoming year. But that's alright, I'm going to visit Brittani (Bird) and Kristen next month!! I'm going to Changwon, South Korea! Wow. It will be so fun. The girls don't work all day every day so there won't be many times that Heidi and I will be by ourselves; and when we are, we still have each other to explore with. It will be fun! We fly in and out of Seoul, so hopefully we'll get to explore there a little bit too! Why is it so tempting for me to quit my job and spend all my time traveling?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Get here November 13!! Korea anxiously awaits your arrival!!
i can't believe you're actually going! that's soooo cool! why do you have to 1-up me?! haha j/k :D
Post a Comment