Friday, August 27, 2010

don't waste your cancer...

I've started following this blog written by a friend of a friend. It absolutely brought me to tears. Thankfully I have good self control and only let a few fall past my eyelids and stream down my cheek as I sat in my little corner at work, reading it. This girl is the same age as me. She is a real person. She has cancer, she just found out. It's in stage 4. Her faith makes me feel as though I'm missing something in my life. That love. That passion. Yes, I'm jealous that besides the sickness... she seems to have the absolute perfect life... husband and best friend who adores her and is able to work from home, beautiful little girl, house on the river, an amazing heart for the LORD... what more could you ask for? I want the passionate love for God that she has. I want to be that type of wife, that type of mother... the type who's priority is God and it is evident by the relationships she has and the decisions she makes. I know they say it's a scary thing to ask God to do whatever it takes to make us love Him more, but isn't it worth it?

No comments: