"Hold everything in your hands lightly, otherwise it hurts when God pries your fingers open." — Corrie Ten Boom
Monday, June 14, 2010
SURPRISE!
SOOO... I actually surprised D for his birthday. His birthday was Thursday and we went out to dinner in Roanoke which was fun. Friday, after his last day of work, he and his buddy, Stone, were going fishing for a few hours. I decided that would be a great night to get people together and try to surprise him. I called Stone up and we decided on a way to get Dennis to go over to Stone's house after fishing (and a back-up plan in case he didn't want to) and I made up a couple excuses saying I would be busy around the time they were finishing up fishing so that he wouldn't want to hang out with me... because naturally, he ALWAYS does. =) I was able to get off work a couple hours early, started making the cake at my house and then met my friend Kristi at Stone's to start working on the pizzas. There was quite a bit involved in making them because I wanted them all to be from scratch (minus the secret, EASY, pizza dough recipe). We had all the pizza crusts pre baked and toppings on them and cake frosted by the time Stone called saying Dennis was about 5 minutes away. It was a fun surprise and the pizza's were a big hit, exactly what I wanted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment