Monday, May 03, 2010

convictions

Never let my heart become harder than I have allowed it to become. Keep me from fading so far from you that I become callous to who you are and what you can do, dear Father.

At work I am grumpy to co-workers, how does that exhibit Christ's love? At home I am grumpy toward my roommates, how is that different from a non-believer? I've let so many things slide and make every excuse why it's okay for me to act that way. In doing so, I've quit striving for higher. I've given up. I settle and say that my good days make up for my bad days rather than reaching over that 'line' and setting the higher standard. I don't know why. If I allow this to continue, my life will be meaningless. What's the point of living the mediocre life? I remind myself of that and believe it's true, but what am I going to do to really change? Right now, I don't know. I know it's going to be a struggle to change the poor habits I've let creep in. I know it's going to take time to recognize all the areas that need changing.

Father, remind me of you. Remind me that you are the LORD of Hosts: the first and the last and that there is no God besides you. I am not changing for other people, I am not changing for myself, I need to change to please you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

change is hard! i am learning this so much right now. it hurts. it's like working out. if you keep doing the same exercises w/the same weight, you're not going to grow. you have to tear the muscle & go thru pain (soreness) in order to build the muscle stronger.

but don't change to please God. our righteous acts are like filthy rags (which, in the original translation, means used feminine products...just sayin') to Him if our heart's not right. change because of what He's done for you.

Acts 17:25 - "And He [God] is not serviced by human hands - as if He needed anything, because He himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

i heard Mike D from 10th Ave North say once to not do things for God, but because God...