Thursday, May 21, 2009

Extremes

It's been a particularily bad night... mood wise. Our "mood" is such a funny thing, how in a sence it can be so fickle, and to those around us... determine who we are. You don't even have to do anything or have anything happen to you to have it change. It doesn't make sense. Well all week I've been on this sort of "high." Everything in life was just grand; no stress at work, friends wanted to hang out, leaving in a couple days for the Keys, bought a ticket to JH and WY for Britt's wedding, had a week off to go home in July, hair was cooroporating... you name it, life was good. There was this little voice in my head that would pop up everytime I'd get really giddy that would remind me I am susposed to focus my mind on things above, where thieves do not break in and steal and moths do not destroy. I absolutely couldn't make myself do it at the time though. I was so happy and had so many good things going for me that I couldn't imagine life better. I didn't want that 'happiness' to end and couldn't think on other things.

God blew me off that high horse today. Speaking of moods... right now I can't even imagine why anyone would want to live on this earth another day. I'm not being/thinking fatalistic at all, just realistic. There is so much evil in the world, people wanting to rape and kill, people who will do anything for money, people as selfish as they come. Store owners forced to close shop, people without jobs, people without food, people without love. Bills and laws being signed and passed that will only make life more difficult. An absolute downward spiral because as a people, we've turned a blind eye to evil. We look at a problem and determine it isn't ours to deal with, or ask what just one person can do and move on with our lives and the little bit we "can control." I know there's people out there who are in a much more difficult situation than I am. People who have much more to complain about than mood swings and "hidden" problems. But I think this goes to show that God cares about my tiny little heart too. I needed to be reminded that this place isn't my home, I'm just passing through. No matter what I am stoked about today, is nothing compared to what He is planning. What I'm wondering though is why I can't find that happy medium. Why am I either way excited or way depressed? I do know I need to spend more time in the Word and thinking about those things, things that will last.

No comments: