Tuesday, November 07, 2006

22 and still learning

I had a very...teaching, drive into work this morning. My alarm didn't go off this morning so Bethany woke me up 10 min. after I was already supposed to be at work. I threw on some clothes and ran out the door. Bethany mentioned that she had left at this time before and hit major traffic because I had to drive on two of the busiest highways in town plus go straight through downtown when all the businesses were opening. I remember asking God to make it so there would be no traffic because I was late enough as it was. I was listening to traffic reports on the radio and there was an exit ramp on 131 that they kept saying was backed up and really slowing traffic down. I was getting worried but knew there was nothing I could do but wait it out so that was the plan until I got to it and there was absolutely no back up what so ever. "That's odd," I thought. So I keep going and getting onto 196 I was sure there would be a back up because there always is...no backup. Then I knew there would be one right before my exit ramp on 96 becasue of construction but no...none at all. I made it to work in record time and there were absolutely no traffic problems. I remember thinking, "wow, that was cool." Then I remembered that I had prayed and it made me think how many times I ask God for things not really thinking about it, ya know? How could i have gone through all that and forgotten that God was delivering the entire way? He hears me and He cares.

About 5 min before arriving, a song came on the radio. If I remembered the title I would probably type out all the words right now but it's a song I'd sung a hundred times before. It talks all about praising God through good and bad times, through thick and thin. Everytime I sing it I feel slightly guilty because I feel like my life has been only good, easy times (especially when I think of my friend who just lost her young husband) but then I realized that hard times in my life aren't just when those close to me die or become very sick. They are also times like when I over sleep for work and stress out, or lose my temper. Those are oppertunities for praise.

No comments: